- Beside the Seaside
- Camping Fun
- Community Farms and Small Holdings
- Environmental Education and Wildlife
- Sailing Adventures
- Channel Islands
- Cumbria and the Lake District
- East Anglia
- Mainland Scotland
- Mid Wales
- North East
- North Wales and Anglesey
- North West
- Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland
- Scottish Highlands and Islands
- Shetland Islands
- South East
- South Wales
- South West
My Little Bag of Tricks....
Recently I've started taking a tiny 10L rucksack almost everywhere we go. It's always ready and rarely unpacked once home just put aside for our next outing. It's so small and light that Ollie is always willing to carry it, or I can carry it, or it can be slung on the back of the pushchair too.
It's become my little bag of tricks, and both Ollie and Georgie make a bee-line for it when we stop anywhere even for the briefest moment! It's like a children's entertainment pack for me, a collection of very cheap and easy to source toys which provide hours of fun, and has a few practical extras too!
It's "fun" contents are....
- 1 foldable bucket
- 2 small shovels (one per child)
- 1 bouncy ball
- 1 small soft ball (which floats!)
- 1 frisbee
- 1 pocket kite
- 1 or 2 “bubble wands” (which I regularly refill from a large bottle of bubble mixture)
- 1 small bottle of bubbles (this avoids arguments!).
- 1 RNLI noise maker we got at the Great North Swim (may be removed... But could be handy if we ever loose Ollie as we would hear him for miles!)
The "practical extras" are:
- A half full pack of Baby wipes
- A small pack of tissues
- 2 sun hats (one for each child)
- 2 "buff's" that can be used as neck or head warmers, ear warmers or head bands!
- Suntan lotion (suitable for all our super sensitive skin)
- A plastic "emergency spoon".... You never know when you might need one!
- A "thick" carrier bag (things can go in it or you can sit on it!)
Hours of fun and entertainment where ever you go with your Little Trekkers!