Osprey was born in California 1974 at the seat of a single sewing machine, with a head full of ideas and a desire to design & build innovative backpacks to the highest quality. Today, Osprey products continue that pioneering spirit, being used on the highest mountains to the remotest islands and everywhere in between.
At Osprey they are dedicated to the outdoors and a key aspect in their ongoing strategy is the protection and conservation of the natural environment.
Environmental Message from Osprey
- We only design/build high quality products that last a long time.
- We don’t over-produce products and sell them at clearance prices.
- We use very expensive materials and fabrics, therefore we keep wastage to an absolute minimum.
- Our product is not fashion driven, so we aren’t encouraging consumers to replace products before they are worn out.
- Wherever possible we repair warranty products rather than replace them.
- Wherever possible we use recyclable and recycled materials in packaging – and keep any packaging to a minimum.